Solomillos en hojaldre is a Spanish dish that consists of beef tenderloin wrapped in puff pastry. It is a delicious and elegant dish that is perfect for special occasions or a fancy dinner party.
Here’s a recipe to make solomillos en hojaldre:
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steaks and sear on both sides until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the steaks from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and onion and sauté until softened.
- Add the garlic and flour and stir until combined.
- Gradually pour in the beef broth and red wine, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the sauce cool slightly.
- Roll outthe puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into two equal rectangles.
- Place one steak in the center of each rectangle.
- Spoon the sauce over the steaks.
- Fold the puff pastry over the steak and seal the edges by pressing with a fork.
- Brush the beaten egg over the puff pastry.
- Place the wrapped steaks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown and puffed up.
- Let the solomillos en hojaldre rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Solomillos en hojaldre is a delicious and impressive dish that is sure to impress your guests. It pairs well with a side of roasted vegetables or a simple salad.