American cinnamon rolls are a sweet and delicious pastry that are popular in many parts of the world. They are typically made with a sweet, yeasted dough that is rolled out into a rectangle and then spread with a cinnamon-sugar filling. The dough is then rolled up tightly and sliced into rounds, which are baked until they are golden brown and puffy.
Here’s a recipe for express American cinnamon rolls:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the softened butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually pour in the milk and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush the melted butter over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the cinnamonand brown sugar over the buttered dough.
- Starting from the long end of the rectangle, tightly roll the dough up into a log shape.
- Cut the log into 1-inch thick rounds and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown and puffed up.
- Allow the rolls to cool for a few minutes before serving.
You can also make a simple glaze to drizzle over the top of the cinnamon rolls by mixing powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the warm rolls and enjoy!